Sunday, September 30, 2012

Divorced Parents

Yes, My parents are divorced. But it is okay.

My parents have been divorced since I was two. When I was little it didn't bother me, but now that i am older I have a lot more to think about. Each parent has a different style of parenting. My mom's style is a little free floating style. My dad's, a little more tighter on the reigns. He is my father and  I am still his little four year old girl who likes to dig up worms.Sometimes I have to drive back and fourth to each house(which are in different cities) just to get a text book or a pair of shoes that i might need.The worst part of it, though, is that I am surrounded by families that aren't divorced, but happily married, with kids that don't have to plan ahead for what they need  a week ahead. With two parents that eat dinner with them, spend time with them, and parents that worry over them at the dinner table. My mother and father won't ever be like that. So it is hard, but it is okay. I am still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment